Monday, June 24, 2013

What a Question! Ever asked it?

 John 4: 11 (New King James Version, NKJV).

The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?

What a question! This was a very normal question to ask in such a natural situation. This Man had offered this lady something that she had never heard of and therefore she just assumed He was talking about natural water at the bottom of a natural well. You and I say, “If she only knew who it was she was talking to.” That is the whole point of this encounter, she had no idea who Jesus was.

How many times have you and I been in natural situations in which we could not see a positive way out of them? As Christians we realize the power and ability of God and the willingness of Christ to help us but for some reason we have just a smidgen of doubt about the outcome. We think things like, “I know You can help me Jesus so I need You to do it for me,” only to harbor in the back of our natural minds it seems naturally unable for it to happen.

Take heart today and lean not upon your own understanding but believe in the power of Christ! Deep natural wells of despair or unrest are of no consequence to Christ. He has supernatural resources from whence He draws so remember today Who it was (is) the woman was talking to.

My Prayer: Our Father in Heaven, Hallowed is Your Name! Help me today to not see things with my natural eye but to envision You in Your Glory! My help is in You! In Your Name Jesus, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment