Monday, June 17, 2013

Attitude in Prayer


Matthew 6:6 (New King James Version, NKJV).

But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

When Jesus said this to His disciples that day He had just told them about the religious leaders who prayed for show. Using impressive words and loud tones, perhaps even showing emotions that would convince the people they were sincere; but what they failed to do was pray to God in private. Jesus said how and where we pray is a reflection of our true relationship with God.
We usually do more praying when we need more help! At least it happens in my life, maybe not yours. I cannot remember when was the last time I thanked God that I woke up in the morning without a cold and sore throat; but I asked Him this morning to HEAL me because now I have one!
Prayer is an attitude of our heart. If all the praying I ever do is in front of our congregation than I am just like the folk Jesus talked about that day. When I pray for those at the altar then I have to pray for them, (even not knowing who they were at the time), in private if I am to expect results.
Get in private with God and the “real you” will be revealed in His presence. Then when you pray in public it will not be for show but to glorify Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment