Monday, January 20, 2014

Don't Kick Them When They Are Down


“If you were in my place I could also talk like you. I could string words together against you and shake my head at you, but I wouldn’t. I would encourage you with my mouth, and the consolation from my lips would bring relief.”  (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Well said Brother Job. His friends that we thought were coming to comfort him stabbed him in the heart. As if he was not in enough misery they blamed him for his condition just knowing he had done something terrible to God or he was the poster child for Hypocrites United.

We know what happened and why it happened but Job didn’t and neither did his accusers.

Remember that the next time you see someone suffering. Don’t think they “brought it on themselves” and somehow feel justified in your arrogant judgment like Job’s companions. Maybe it was something they did or did not do that put them in their place; but don’t kick them when they are down; try to lift them back up. Remember, Jesus did not come to condemn people but to save them; so let us not condemn either.

No comments:

Post a Comment