Tuesday, January 14, 2014

As Pure As It Gets


“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.”  (Matthew 5:8 NIV)

We went to lunch Sunday with a grandmother and her two grandsons, (Jack) is six and (Jake) is seven years old. As we were talking I asked (Jack) what his favorite subject in school was. “Recess” he said.
That is pure honesty; words spoken from the heart. He never hesitated or gave any thought as to how he should answer, he just answered. What happens as we get older? Where does the honest innocence go? You think maybe that was what Jesus had in mind when He said, “Unless you change and become like little children, you will NEVER enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Emphasis mine)
I never expected (Jack) to answer with recess but I should have. It was my favorite subject too! Wonder what I would have answered if (Jack) had asked me; “Pastor, what is the best thing you like about your job?” God knows what I would answer. How honest are you with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment