Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Is it just me?


A move toward spirituality, but not toward Christ.

I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works. (Psalm 145:5 NKJV)
Is it just me? I sat watching a guy on HLN talk about his new book on meditation. You can Google it, but I am not going to brag on his book. Sit Still he says and get quite for a little while. Of course his advice is to get in touch with your inner-self and calm yourself by being aware of the world around you and sensitive to your surroundings.
I have noticed lots of spiritual stuff lately in the news. When I saw this I thought; Why are they not promoting prayer in schools? This guy wants to promote meditation, quite time, in the schools. Why can’t we just say, “pray quietly?” We both know you cannot really take prayer out of schools; you can pray anywhere you want; just not out loud maybe!
Mediation on God is good; meditation on self is not. Trying to improve ourselves will not work; mankind has tried that for years. Allowing God to improve us works; many of us have found that to be true! The Bible teaches us to meditate on good things, things that are pure and noble, just and lovely. Not to chant some mantra as in order to brainwash ourselves.
Apparently some have never learned that real change comes from a changed heart; a heart that is ruled by Jesus and not by self. That is where we find peace. Be Still, and know that He is God; that works.
Maybe it’s just me. Maybe I am taking this stuff to seriously. Maybe I just need to pray for them. Maybe I should not worry that these people are influencing the children.
Or maybe, I should.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment