Monday, September 30, 2013

Don't Worry . . . . Stay Faithful


Another government crisis; what is a citizen to do? Let me preface my opinions today by saying that I thank God daily He put me in America. I am a patriot and have served my country like my dad and my son. I pray daily for the President and those who represent us as I know many of them do care about those they represent. On the other hand there is a spirit of pride in Washington that is bigger than Mount Rushmore! Men and women who were elected to govern the American people have turned a democratic process into a personal agenda process.
The modern tactics they use to stir the American people makes social media the new battleground for issues; not the senate or congressional floor. Listening to the radio yesterday as I was headed home from church one reporter said, “If we have a government shutdown the food inspectors will be laid off and some of them are those who monitor our baby food.”  Are you kidding me? I said. I actually talk back to the radio just like I do the TV sometimes. I thought what a fear tactic! We love our babies and if anything would threaten our babies’ food we will get very angry over that!
Let me tell you what the secular media and government won’t; God is in control. Mere men are arrogant and prideful enough to think that they actually have power over everything and that is why they can never reach a decision without a political uproar. Whether you want to believe it or not our elected officials care more about who gets the credit for something rather than solving an issue regardless of who has the best idea!
Well, enough of political opinions, which is not what really matters; no really, it does not really matter. Jesus said seek first the Kingdom of God and all else will fall into place. I am not a Republican or a Democrat; I am a Christian, a Christ follower, a servant of the King. Therefore all this political stuff is the result of men trying to run things their way for thousands of years and will continue that way until King Jesus comes back to fix it all.
So, don’t worry, be faithful. Fear not a government shutdown. Governments have risen and fallen, societies have risen and fallen and will continue to do so until Gods plan for humanity is fulfilled. Do not depend on any government to save you, only Jesus can do that. Put your faith and trust in Him and become a kingdom heir; an eternal kingdom without end. [1] And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth.



[1] Ephesians 1:10 New Living Translation, (NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment