Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let The Lord Wool You!


And He took them [the children up one by one] in His arms and [fervently invoked a] blessing, placing His hands upon them.  (Mark 10:16 AMP, The Amplified Bible)
Can you remember a time when someone took you up in their arms just to love on you? When our kids were little I was always “woolin” them as I call it. I got that word from my dad. He raised beagles when I was a kid and he told me I could pet the puppies but not to pick them up and be “woolin” on them as I might drop them. He knew I was clumsy even at a young age! We have a Chihuahua and old alley cat that I wool now.
John the Apostle told us in the gospel he was inspired to write that Jesus did many other things which were not written in his account. He went on to say that he did not think the world could even hold all the books if everything Jesus did had been recorded on the parchment. Of course the things Jesus did that are not recorded were certainly not embarrassing or sinful things, but all the good things He did were innumerable. I am glad that the Holy Spirit brought back to Mark’s memory the day that Jesus said we must receive the kingdom of God as a little child and then commenced to pick up younguns and wool them. That is why I used the AMP translation; I like that the Greek language implied that He fervently invoked a blessing upon them! He did not just pick them up, sit them on His lap like they would mess up His clothes, and speak a sweet little saying over them. No, He picked them up, held them close to His bosom, and blessed them “real good!” He loved on them. He wooled them.
I bet you would like Him to do that for you today, huh? I bet if it were possible you would like to have Him reach down and get you, put you up on His lap, and wool you, wouldn’t you? Just to be loved on for a little while. Well, physically it is not going to happen, yet, but He can love on you spiritually! He can reach down and embrace your heart and squeeze it real good! If you will ask Him to. Yep, that’s all it takes; ask Him to do it and He will. Go ahead; let Him show you how much He loves you. You may need to know that right now, could be why He had me to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment