Monday, January 10, 2011

Quit Worrying! You Will Go!

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
(John 14:1-3 KJV)

These verses are usually read at funerals. I have read them many times at the funerals of believers. They are not just for the dying or the dead, Jesus said this to encourage us who are alive and well right now. Let me set this up for you, go back into Chapter 13 and pick it up at the Last Supper. After leaving the room and heading into the Garden, Jesus told His disciples He would be leaving them. Peter asked Him where He was going, indicating he would follow Him, even if it cost him his life. Jesus told Peter it was not time for him to come yet. In fact, He told Peter that he would even deny knowing Him before daylight! Then Jesus spoke these words to him. He said it to reassure Peter and us. Would you allow me to put them in my Southern tongue? “Listen guys, I know you are all worried about Me leaving you, but listen to Me. You have trusted God all along; now trust Me when I tell you that all of you will one day come to where I am going. Right now while you are here doing what God needs you to do, I will be up there getting your place ready! Then when it’s your time to come, I will personally come and get you. None of you will be left out, so quit worrying!”

So quit worrying! If you are in Christ today you can be assured that you will go to heaven! Yeah, you will mess up a time or two, as Peter did, and all of us have, but if you have put your trust in Christ, He is preparing a place for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment