Monday, November 16, 2009

The Lion Whisperer

My God sent His angel and shut the lions’ mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you.”*

I was watching a program the other night on the National Geographic Channel called the “Dog Whisperer.” Now many of you may have seen it before or even watch it regularly. The guy was able to communicate with the dogs in such a way that they seemed to understand him in doggy language. You know, this fellow may be kin to Doctor Doolittle.

I wonder if there are any lion whispers out there. If there are I have not heard of them. I can just picture some dude telling an unruly lion to shush and poking him in the side! How about these lions’ that David was fed to? One may think that David was a lion whisperer because they didn’t eat him. Let me share some information from historical guys that investigate things like that; the lions in that den were not fed on a regular basis so they would be hungry when someone was cast down to them.

This account teaches me that it takes a miracle to keep a hungry pack of lions from eating you. The thing about miracles is that they have a broader purpose than just benefiting us; they are designed to glorify God. God was proving Himself to King Darius when He took the lions’ appetite. The old king told Daniel God would protect him, and then fasted all night hoping He would. Once he saw God was real and would protect His people the king then ordered the entire kingdom to fear Daniel’s God! Do you need a miracle? Can God be glorified by performing it? Then expect it to happen.

Heavenly Father, thank You for protecting Your people! I pray that those who need a miracle today will find a way that You can be glorified through it. Jesus, I ask this in Your name Sir! Amen.

In Christ: Br Mike <><

*The New King James Version. 1982 (Daniel 6:22). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment