Monday, November 5, 2012

Go Vote: Trust the Lord.


Offer right sacrifices and trust the Lord (Psalm 4:5 New International Version).

Tomorrow we will go to the voting booths and the polling places and cast our vote for the guy we feel can lead our nation down the right path. Prosperity and safety seem to top the list of our wants and then we consider our needs. I thank God that He placed me in this great nation. We are so blessed to be able to have elections without the fear of military retaliation if we do not follow a certain leader; as it is in some nations. God has truly blessed this country.
Are you a Republican or a Democrat some have asked me? I answer that I am a Christian. I am a servant of an eternal kingdom ruled by the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Peter reports that I am a citizen of a Holy Nation, a chosen priesthood, God’s special possession (1 Peter 2:9 NIV). As a resident of the United States I am obligated to perform my civic duties and obey the laws of the land. I will vote tomorrow for the guy that aligns with what I believe is the best for our nation; just as you will. Although we may not vote for the same man we both exercise our God given right to cast our lot.
King David summed it up best in regards to situations and circumstances in which we have no actual control. My candidate may not win the election and yours may not either. Once the President has been elected the country will get down to business once again. As the Bible says here, offer the right sacrifices and trust the Lord. Regardless of who wins the election it will not have an impact on Gods plans. He causes things to happen as He would have them to because He is in total control. I offer to Him my life as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). I render unto God that which belongs to God; my soul. I will continue to serve Him after the election just as I do today. I trust Him. I trust Him with my soul and I trust Him with my life. Jesus said that I should not be troubled in my heart or be afraid of what may happen because when all is said and done He will take care of me.
As an American you need to go vote. Men died in revolt to give us the right to choose a leader. Men and women have sacrificed their lives in conflicts to retain that right. Men and women stand guard today throughout the world to protect that right. Let not their deaths and their sacrifices be in vain; go vote. Jesus sacrificed His body and died that you may have eternal life therefore do not allow His sacrifice and  death to be in vain either; accept Him as your Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment