Monday, February 6, 2012

Got Fear?

Even if God kills me, I have hope in him. (Job 13:15 NCV)

The headline in the local paper read At a Loss. A local general store had been destroyed by fire the night before. A picture of an employee standing in the midst of charred debris was on the front page. For a moment I tried to imagine what he must have felt or thought. A day earlier he had been working there and now he was surveying what must have looked like a trash dump. Then I began to think how I would feel if that would have been my house and a picture of me standing there. Scary thought. I immediately prayed for protection for me and my family!

Then this verse of Scripture came to my mind. It was as if the Holy Spirit was reminding me of how temporary earthly things are. Most of you know the story of Job and of all his loss. Job had the right mindset in regards to his catastrophes never losing his trust in God. Oh, he questioned it all as any of us would but in the end came to understand that even if God had told him why, which He did not do, it would have still been more than Job could understand.

What is your greatest fear? Losing your health? Losing your job? Losing your family? Losing your home and property? Losing your life? How about losing your soul? Jesus said we should be more concerned about our soul than anything else we have. Job lost everything but his life and his soul and yet trusted enough in God that even if God killed him, he would still be okay. Can you say that today? If you can than you have peace that surpasses all understanding. Perfect love drives fear out of our minds and God is perfect. His love for us is far above anything we can imagine but His promises in His word are as real as the words on the page. Fear, worry, and doubt are miserable companions. Ditch them; for Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment