Monday, October 18, 2010

King's Kids.

2 Corinthians 6:18: “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty.” (NKJV)

My little six year old niece was visiting us and her Uncle Al was bragging on her for the great scores she got on her level of reading evaluations. “You are a very smart little girl,” he said. She replied, “I am a genius you know.”

Needless to say that kid has no problem with low self esteem! I began to think about that in the context of how we view our position in Christ. I think sometimes we take for granted that because we are saved that is all Jesus has done for us. When we listen to these words penned by the Apostle Paul it assures us that Jesus not only died that we may have eternal life, but because we have accepted Him, we have been adopted into the Royal Family! We are sons and daughters of the King! I am certainly no genius but even I can figure out how important a position that is! To be a child of the King means that we have access to the Palace and the Throne Room! Jesus has opened a lot of important doors for us! The next time the enemy tries to convince you that no one cares about you, or that you are nothing; remind him that your Father, the King, cares because you are His kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment