Monday, July 12, 2010

Imitate Me

I sat here on the deck this morning a little after daybreak and watched a fledgling cardinal making its way to one of my feeders. It was flapping its wings so fast I could not see them moving. It looked to me like it was struggling to fly. After landing on the feeder it was joined by an adult cardinal. His beautiful bright red plumage accented the black feeder. The thought came to me about what the Apostle said in regards to fledgling believers: *“ So as your father in the faith, I want to encourage you to live as I have lived. Imitate my life.” Did you know that many of us never feel worthy enough to tell someone to imitate our life? The little bird was learning to fly and seeing it sit beside the adult I realized what God intends for us to do. Baby believers should be able to look at us and admire what we have become in Christ that they may have hope in how He will grow them. Says a lot about how we are to represent our Savior.

*The Voice New Testament Copyright 2008 Thomas Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment