Tuesday, June 8, 2010

God is not out to get you: But to have you!

And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD. (Job 1:12)

I picked up a kid heading to the bus station yesterday evening. He was going to Lynchburg to start a job this morning. On the way he began to tell me about how his wife had left him and took their three month old daughter. He was heartbroken. He said, "I know I've not been the best I could have been, but I hope that God has not turned against me." I assured him that God was not against him, but for him. I told him about Job.

You may not be a Job today, just as this kid was not. Job had it all; to begin with. God made him stronger in his faith even though God referred to him as blameless and upright at the beginning! As I told the kid so say I unto you: God is not out to get you, but to HAVE you. As God allowed Satan to attack Job so that He (God) could be glorified, He may very well do the same to you and I. What an honor! To have God think of us in such a way! Under attack are you? Feel overwhelmed by the enemy or circumstances? Go to the Bible and read the account of Job. You will feel better!

Father God: Bless each of my fellow laborers today, I pray. Jesus, it is by the authority You have given me in Your name to ask this; Thank You!
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment