Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Teach the Teacher

Then Agrippa said to Paul, *“You almost persuade me to become a Christian.”

Hannah got in the car at school when I picked her up: “Dad, Miss (Wahwah) needs Christ!” I could tell she was upset with Miss Wahwah about something serious so I asked what happened. She did not go into detail but said again, “She needs Christ.” Let me give you some background information on Miss Wahwah. On orientation day when I met her she had an inappropriate wall paper picture on her computer monitor which everyone coming into the room could see. There were about twenty kids and parents in line with us waiting to talk to her. I requested a sidebar and asked her if she thought it was a good idea to have such a picture displayed with all the problems with sexting in the schools. She told me a student had set it and she did know how to change it. I told her I could change it for her but she then said she had called the techs to do it. She did turn it around. After school started the next week Hannah said she had changed it.

Now you know why we have the issues among our youth that we do. We no longer have the morale role models we once had in our schools. I had a little book I received from Billy Graham with Christmas devotionals in it. I gave it to Hannah and told her to pass it on to Miss Wahwah. “She don’t need a book she needs Christ!” Hannah said. I told her that she knew that and I knew that but unless Miss Wahwah came to that conclusion on her own, she would never accept Him. “Give her the book and we will pray that God will use it to speak to her heart,” I said. The Apostle Paul knew that King Agrippa needed Christ too but the king’s answer gives us insight on how others perceive our witnessing. I would love to be able to persuade Miss Wahwah to become a Christian but the truth is unless she decides on her own to accept Christ she will never do it. Only the Holy Spirit can change hearts and then only if the person is willing to allow their hearts to be changed. We have to let them know that Christ will do for them what He has done for us and pray that they will be convinced just as we were. As much as we would like to, we cannot force Christ upon anyone.

Father God I pray for Miss Wahwah. I hope she will listen to Your Holy Spirit as You speak to her heart. Thank You Lord for Hannah and her desire to see people saved! Jesus, I come in Your Name!

In Christ: Br Mike <>< (brmike@ntelos.net)

* The New King James Version. 1982 (Ac 26:28). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment